Hidden Countertop Supports and Brackets
Centerlines "Standard Plus" hidden countertop support bracket is a versatile product that can be used as a knee / pony wall support or as an island countertop support.
In the images above you see the product used to support an overhang from a knee / pony wall.
The "Standard Plus" countertop support differs from our "Standard" support in that it has a 1.5 inch flange on the back of the bracket. The rear flange provides extra support in applications that may be heavily trafficked.
The countertop support has five mounting points, 4 in an offset pattern on the top of the bracket and one on the rear flange. The holes are drilled and countersunk for #12 wood screws (included with the product),
The supports have a durable powder coat finish available in either black or white.
Hidden Countertop Support Features
- Made in the USA
- Hidden from view, creates a perfect floating countertop effect without large and unattractive corbels to knock your knees on
- Crafted from 1/2 inch x 2.5 inch (variable length) American steel
- Professionally milled and finished
- Simple to install
- 35 degree "Safe Edge" on front edge of bracket
- 5 mounting points for extra support
- Textured powder coat rather than paint for a rust free durable finish
- Available in black or white powder coat
- #12 wood screws included with product
What size countertop support will you need?
In most cases the size of the support will be the size of your overhang - here is why.
As an example lets say you have a 12 inch overhang past your 2 x 4 knee wall. You want to keep the countertop supports 4 inches back from the edge of the overhang to keep them hidden and tucked away. In this case you will need a 12 inch bracket - 8 inches of support under the overhang and another 4 inches to span the knee wall.
View our complete line of Counter Supports